NOTE: I know that “join” isn’t the correct word in this sense but it makes sense for the title. And I also know that I should of posted this when the first call was made but I was just burnt out at that time and I was get ready for a trip to Sydney, NSW.
From the call:
As you may know, Ubuntu Membership is a recognition of significant and sustained contribution to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community. To this end, the Community Council recruits members of our current membership community for the valuable role of reviewing and evaluating the contributions of potential members to bring them on board or assist with having them achieve this goal.
We have seven members of our boards expiring from their 2 year terms within the next couple months, which means we need to do some restaffing of this Membership Board.
We’re looking for Ubuntu Members who can participate either in the 20:00 UTC meetings or 22:00 UTC (if you can make both, even better).
Both the 20:00 UTC and the 22:00 UTC meetings happen once a month, specific day may be discussed by the board upon addition of new members.
Currently we have seven (7) nominees and we would like to have at least two (2) more. Because of this, the deadline is extended to July 25th, 2016.
We have the following requirements for nominees:
- be an Ubuntu member (preferably for some time)
- be confident that you can evaluate contributions to various parts of our community
- be committed to attending the membership meetings
- broad insight into the Ubuntu community at large is a plus
As a Board member this is why I think it’s worth it to be apart of the Board:
- It’s a good step for higher level leadership
- Can help on Community Council elections because you showed that you have/had a position in a Board
- It allows you to see the weak points of the applicants and possibly help them on strengthening them
- It allows you to see what is happening the Community
To nominate yourself or somebody else (please confirm they wish to accept the nomination and state you have done so), please send a mail to the membership boards mailing list (ubuntu-membership-boards at lists.ubuntu.com). You will want to include some information about the nominee, a launchpad profile link and which time slot (20:00 or 22:00) the nominee will be able to participate in.
I wish good luck on those who nominate themselves or others!