If anyone noticed that I tend to post at least two (2) blog posts per month, but the month of January 2017 was different. My blog was down for a half of December 2016 and most of January 2017. But that didn’t stop me from creating posts- just in a different way! Through my vBlogs and AudioBlogs.
As I said on my AudioBlog Episode 1, here are the updates and some that I forgot to add:
- As of now, my Ubuntu volunteer work will be on hold. This is partly due to the fact that I’m still dealing with burntout and I’m out of ideas on how grow the Community.
- On behalf of the general admins of Linux Padawn, we have sadly closed the site and program down due to the fact that nothing is happening. Linux Padawan is just another dead project.
- Over the month of January, I started to think about leadership within the Open * communities. This started when I found out that Mozilla Foundation is hosting a leadership mentoring program in March in which I applied to but as a co-leader/project manager looking to be partnered up. I might not make in but I may be able to find some project to be apart of.
- I also am working on adding more to their leadership training series, which is a training series on the open practices of being a leader along with GitHub being used as a tool.
- So far, I’m liking my Pebble Time although the Ubuntu (Touch) has issues reconnecting back to the watch if the disconnection is longer than five (5) minutes. Most of the time when this happens a simple factory reset on the watch is needed and it will not delete anything that you have downloaded from the phone to the watch, just the data that is stored on the watch. I also advise to forget the connection before factory reset.
And that’s all, thanks for reading!